Hazyview is aptly referred to as the gateway to the southern part of the Kruger National Park. Two gates (Phabeni and Numbi) are a mere 10 to 15 km away. The Kruger Gate is located approximately 45 km from Hazyview. Golf Safari SA recommends that our Kruger Park Lodge guests make use of the Phabeni gate. This is easily accessible and enters a lovely section of the Kruger Park where sightings of rhino and elephant are common.
The Kruger National Park is only 10 km from Hazyview
Hazyview is located amongst large sub-tropical fruit orchards where avocado, banana, citrus fruit, litchi, mango and nuts are grown. On the outskirts large eucalyptus and pine forests have been planted for the paper and pulping industries. The town has a large biodiversity which consists of over 300 types of butterflies, 450 birds, 150 species of mammals and 3000 plants.
Hazyview is centrally located in the Panorama Route of the Lowveld region in Mpumalanga, thereby making it an ideal place to enjoy both trips into the Kruger National Park as well as to explore the beautiful surrounding areas. Please click on bookings page for Kruger Park Lodge to make a booking with Golf Safari SA.
Hazyview has a variety of shops and restaurants
There are a number of shopping centres in Hazyview offering a diverse selection of shops. These include large grocery stores, banks, fast-food outlets, clothing stores, restaurants, coffee shops, bakery, souvenir shops and many more. The biggest shopping centre, the Blue Haze Mall, is also the largest shopping mall in Mpumalanga. It consists of over 200 stores and an area of 65 000 m2. The other two noteworthy shopping centres are the Le Rendezvous Tourism Centre and Perry’s Bridge Trading Post.
Hazyview is the heart of adventure sports in Mpumalanga
Over the years Hazyview has also evolved into the adventure sports destination of Mpumalanga. Activities that can be enjoyed include:
- Abseiling – down a massive granite cliff that is 27 m high.
- Aerial Cable Trail – Africa’s longest trail in an indigenous forest along the Sabie River.
- Archery – using standard long bows which are easy to handle.
- Big Swing – adrenaline rush from the 68 m free fall at 180 km/h.
- Boat Cruise – relaxing cruise in the Blyde River Canyon.
- Bridge Swing – 30 m high above the Sabie Falls bridge.
- Bush Walks – guided walks among the Big 5.
- Caving – penetrating 2 km into the earth with a moderate degree of difficulty.
- Elephant Experiences – touch, feed, feel and ride these magnificent animals.
- 4×4 Trails – scenic route through pine and indigenous forests.
- Game Drives – trips into the Kruger National Park using open top 4×4 vehicles, day and night drives.
- Geckoing – along the steep and narrow upper part of the Sabie River.
- Helicopter Flights – explore the Lowveld area from above.
- Hiking – 14 km trail along the Mac-Mac River.
- Horse Safaris – in a 2000 hectare wildlife conservancy in Hazyview.
- Horse Trails – trails pass through plantations and indigenous bush.
- Hot Air Ballooning – explore the Sabie River Valley from above.
- Kayaking – along the Sabie River with class 3 and 4 rapids.
- Kloofing – rock hopping, bum sliding, hiking, river traversing along the Sabie River.
- Microlight Flights – fixed wing air craft with flight duration from 10 to 90 minutes.
- Motor Biking – the winding road between Hazyview and Sabie is famous amongst bikers.
- Mountain Biking – scenic trails with lots of single track of different degrees of difficulty, a number of races are also held in this area.
- Mountain Boarding – off road skate boarding along scenic forestry roads.
- Quad Biking – guided trails of varying difficulty through plantations and indigenous bush.
- Paint Ball – in an indigenous forest next to a river, all protective equipment provided.
- River Rafting – 8 km stretch along the lower part of the Sabie River with 20 rapids.
- Skydiving – tandem and solo from 10 000 ft.
- Sunset Cruise – on a picturesque dam with an inflatable raft.
- Wall Climbing – 16 m high with 3 levels of difficulty.
- White Water Tubing – along the upper section of the Sabie River.
- Zip Line – 450 m long with a 45 degree angle reaching speeds of up to 100 km/h.
Additional Information about Hazyview
Read about our accommodation in Kruger Park Lodge.