Pearl Valley Activities
Of all the Pearl Valley Activities, the Jack Nicklaus designed golf course is arguably the main feature of the award winning estate. There is also a beautifully located driving range with breath taking views of the majestic Simonsberg. A putting green next to the club house is also available for registered golfers to practice their short game.
Other activities and facilities at Pearl Valley include:
- club house with restaurant and bar
- swimming pool with children’s splash pool*
- gym (for members only)
- tennis courts
- walking and jogging trials
- MTB cycling track
- spa and beauty treatments
- equestrian estate
- Petanque courts
- cricket practice nets
* for guests staying a minimum of 5 days
The surrounding area, commonly also known as the Cape Winelands, offer guests a variety of activities. These include:
- Wine farms – the area has an abundance of well known wine farms offering wine tasting, restaurants with fine dining, coffee shops, guided tours and even hiking and mountain biking. Some of the well known wine estates near Pearl Valley are: Boschendal, La Motte, Nederburg, KWV, Rupert & Rothschild.
- Dining – Franschhoek has become synonymous with extraordinary dining. A number of restaurants have some of South Africa’s top chefs creating memorable and tasty dining experiences.
- Equestrian and Polo – the neighbouring estate, Val de Vie is essentially a polo estate that has seen some famous celebrities play, like Prince Harry who partook in the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup.
- Hiking – the mountainous surroundings have some breathtaking (both visually and physically) hiking trails. Paarl mountain is one of the more popular destinations, with its 360° panorama views on top of the famous granite dome.
- Cycling – both road and mtb cyclists can cycle along some of the most scenic roads and trials. Numerous organised events both on and off road are held in this area.
- Canoeing – the crystal clear Berg River forms one of Pearl Valleys boundaries and only a few kilometres downstream sees the start of the annual Berg River canoe marathon.